Big Show Weekend
The U13 Big Show tournament weekend is here! Welcome to all teams travelling to the Stratford area this weekend for softball! Our home page is your one stop-shop for everything happening this weekend.
Packham Sports Park
159 Packham Road, Stratford
Anne Hathaway Diamond 1
Downie Street, Stratford ON
SCHEDULE OF GAMES: CLICK HERE TO GO EVENT CONNECT
CURRENT STANDINGS: CLICK HERE TO VIEW STANDINGS
This weekend Smash-It-Sports, and the Hub Pub & Patio will be onsite all weekend long. Smash-It-Sports will have demos and all kinds of softball gear for purchase. Get ready to see something big!
The Hub will be running our concession all weekend. Please support these two local Stratford businesses, who have battled through the pandemic and are with us this weekend.
In addition tournament gear will be offered by MUVWEAR this weekend. Please consider supporting their tournament swag tent.
At the U13 Big Show UTM is awarding small trinkets for special achievements at the tournament. During pool play, and the playoffs Sunday. If an athlete accomplishes any of the items on the list below they can come visit us at the convener booth and pick up a prize. Prizes are limited, so if we do run out we will communicate that on social media. If there is nobody available at the convener booth please come back and try again later as our volunteers maybe someplace else in the park.
We would like to thank our partners for their support in offering these MVP Awards for this tournament.
|LEVEL ||BATTERS ||PITCHERS ||FIELDERS |
|Level 1 || || |
- 2 innings (same game) without walking a batter
- (Catcher) throw out 2 base runners trying to steal same game
|Level 2 || |
- 2 extra base hits same game
- 5 or more RBI's same game
- 6 or more strike-outs same game
- (ALL) turn a double play - any way on defense
|Level 3 || |
- Hit a Grand-Slam (no errors)
- Hit 2 Home-Runs same game
- allow no runs, pitching 3+ innings same game
- 10+ strike-outs same game
This weekend we are offering 3 separate medal games. Platinum, Gold and Silver. The participating teams in each of these games will receive an award.
In addition each of the final games will have 2 or more MVP awards presented at the end of the game. Looking forward to Sunday afternoon!
The following rules apply to the UTM Big Show Tournament Weekend
- Coin Flip for Home/Away
- PWSA playing time rules apply (pitchers, position players) if applicable
- All pool play games can end in a tie.
- All players bat
- Pinch Runner Allowed for Pitcher at any time (last available)
- Pinch Runner Allowed for the Catcher with 2 out (last available)
- All games are No New Inning after 1:20
- There is no drop dead rule, however see mercy rule below
- If the time threshold is reached and the home team is batting (with the lead) the game is over
- There is no game mercy rule, play to the time limit with inning cap referenced above
- Call-Ups Allowed, must clear player with PWSA coordinator
- Text final scores to 519-635-3204
- Each Pool Game Won is worth 3-points
- Each Pool Game Tied is worth 1-point
- Each Pool Game Lost is worth 0-points
- There is a 5-run cap in place all weekend for innings 1 to 3
- If there is a run differential of 15 after three innings, a 4th inning is played also with the 5 run cap
- Game is called due to mercy if the score is greater than 15 after 4 innings, and greater than 10 runs each inning after
- If 80 minutes of the game is complete and the score is greater than a 10 run difference the game is over. Example Visitor leads 11-1 after 4 innings, during the 5th inning the time limit is reached, the mercy rule of 10 applies
- If two teams are tied:
- Head to Head Result
- Least Runs Allowed
- Record against Common Opponents
- Coin Flip
- If three or more teams are tied:
- Least Runs Allowed
- Runs Against in 1st Pool Game
- Runs Against in 2nd Pool Game
- Series of Coin Flips
Elimination Bracket Games
In all games where a winner is needed, a tie is not an accepted game result
Regardless of inning, if the time limit has been reached we move to UTM in game tie-breaker rules:
Runner is placed on 2nd base, with 1 out
A maximum of 5 runs can be scored in the extra inning
If each team scores the same amount of runs in the tie-breaker inning another is played