UTM TOURNAMENT POLICY
POLICY FOR TEAMS WITHDRAWING AFTER REGISTRATION
UTM Fastpitch understands that unforeseen circumstances, especially injuries, roster defections, player availability, etc. can occur over the course of a season. Teams should also plan for the unexpected and understand that the scheduling process starts weeks and sometimes months before an event is scheduled to take place. Below are the rules that apply to all UTM 2020 tournaments regarding a request for a team withdrawal.
- A full refund shall be given if a team withdraws on or before the 45 days prior to the tournament.
- Less than 45 days from the start of the event, a team is subject to a penalty of $100.00 (assuming the schedule has not been published)
- A 50% refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the schedule is posted and a replacement team is found.
- No refund shall be given if a team withdraws after the schedule is posted and a replacement team is not found.
RAIN & EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
While UTM Fastpitch and our Host Partners will make every attempt to play each event, weather and other unforeseen circumstances may prevent an event from being completed or in some cases, even starting. In those cases:
- If the event is cancelled due to loss of permits, weather, or any other force out of the control of the tournament administrator a maximum $75.00 fee will be held back from a team's paid registration fee.
- Once an event has started, and again is cancelled due to weather team's will be entitled to a 50% refund of the entrance fee. A team must have played at least one event game for this rule to take affect.
- No refund is provided if a team starts more than 1/2 of the scheduled pool games.
UTM Fastpitch is committed to running events that follow the rules and guidlines of Sport Canada, Softball Ontario, PWSA, and Respect in Sport. If a tournament director is forced to suspend or sanction a team during an event the following refund policy applies:
- No refund is provided if a team doesn't complete any amount of games, due to the team, coach, manager, or parents causing the team to be suspended for the event.
- UTM Fastpitch will document the reasons for the decision and forward such to the applicable softball body.
UTM Fastpitch reserves the right to adjust this policy at any time to accommodate unusual circumstances **this is not our 2021 tournament policy***