***The following specifically refers to the structure of UTM within the province of Ontario. This does not apply to partner clubs in province, or to our partner teams/associations in Alberta.***
UTM Executive is made up of the respective leaders of our affiliated clubs. Each team is given one “seat” on the active board. Due to the geographical challenges of meeting face to face, any issues that need to be addressed by the board as a whole would be handled via telephone or email discussions. All UTM leaders must reapply to continue to be part of the affiliated team list annually. Here are some additional key points to remember regarding the association's structure:
- Each UTM program operates independently from a financial perspective. Budgets and expenses are determined by each member club. The costs to play/participate can differ between UTM affiliated depending on the choices made by the leaders of the respective clubs. The UTM Director/President does have the right to inquire & oversee finances, in cases where a player/parent, or PWSA makes an inquiry.
- Each UTM program is authorized to obtain uniforms from local suppliers. Uniform colors/designs must be reviewed by UTM Director/President. Exceptions to the standard color scheme are only permitted when a case is presented for review
- Each UTM program pays a fee to UTM Fastpitch. The annual fee is to cover the costs of the website, tournament storage, & insurance coverage where applicable. Fees are also used for UTM exclusive events, such as our Winter Guest Speaker Series, Clinics, Camps, etc.
- In order to be a "voting member" of UTM, the affiliated team must be in their second year of operation or greater.
- UTM Fastpitch is an incorporated registered non-profit Canadian entity. UTM Fastpitch Canada will be required to file annual income tax documents with the Federal Government to maintain the non-profit designation.
- UTM Director/President role at present is not an elected position. This will continue at least until fall 2022.
A full list of the "Board of Directors" is below: (03/30/2021)
|Bill Kuntz||Director U19|
|Jason Saker||Director U19|
|Greg Arkwright||Director U19|
|Mike Barber||Director U19|
|Jason Shackell||Director U19|
|Lee Reboredo||Director U19*|
|Eric Hebron||Director U16|
|Andrew Crockett||Director U16*|
|Shawn Schramm||Director U16|
|Darryl O'Reilly||Director U14*|
|Scott Sivyer||Director U14*|
|Doug Clements||Director at Large|
|Chris Meyer||Director, Softball Operations|
*1st year Director, not eligible to vote