In just 5-years we have expanded the number of UTM affiliate clubs immensely. In 2016 we started out with a concept, and since that time the original concept has grown into something well received by our leaders, athletes and fans. Contrary to the opinions of some, UTM Fastpitch doesn't award teams to anyone that asks. We have an application process, and each proposed affiliate has to build a case for why we should look to place a club in that specific location. Factors that go into deciding whether to award affiliates, include market, desire for another program to choose, and getting involved with the right kind of affiliate leader.
Being an affiliated member of UTM Fastpitch provides our teams with contacts within our association that can be used to schedule exhibition games, borrow players for tournament weekends, share expenses for 3rd party coaching sessions etc. Our leadership team can also assist new affiliates with a plan for team management, athlete recruitment & selection, tournament choices, and perhaps most importantly coach & athlete development.
Collectively all our affiliates are who and what UTM is all about! We will continue to grow our brand strong. Each summer we evaluate our existing affiliate leaders, and team locations. Each summer we also open up the application process to accept/consider new UTM affiliate clubs.
Here are some of the benefits of being a UTM member club.
- Access to all the features and benefits of the UTM website
- Promotional tools on social media, twitter, Instagram, Facebook and You Tube
- First right to attend any UTM sponsored camps and clinics, at discount prices
- No charge admission to any UTM tournament
- Best in class advice on which tournaments to attend in Ontario, and the United States
- The ability to “run your own program”, with respect to winter training, tournament selection, budget, etc.
- Discounts on merchandise at the UTM FanWear store for players, parents & fans
- UTM Fastpitch is recognized by PWSA, so you're compliant with all rules regarding being a member of PWSA
- As an affiliate you have a say in what UTM does. You're a voting member of the Board of Directors
We look forward to hearing from you, and helping many coaches/managers become part of the growing UTM network of affiliated teams/clubs. Here is the application to complete: